1. Convert physical machines running Windows or Linux operating systems to VMware virtual machines quickly and without any disruption or downtime.
2. Convert third-party image or virtual machine formats such as Parallels Desktop, Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery, Norton Ghost, Acronis, StorageCraft, Microsoft Virtual Server or Virtual PC, and Microsoft Hyper-V Server virtual machines to VMware virtual machines.
3. Enable centralized management of remote conversions of multiple physical servers or virtual machines simultaneously.
4. Ensure conversion reliability through quiesced snapshots of the guest operating system on the source machine before data migration.
5. Enable non-disruptive conversions through hot cloning, with no source server downtime or reboot.
The VMware vCenter Converter Standalone 5.0 includes the following new functionality,
1. Preserving the LVM configuration on the source machine during Linux conversions.
2. Enhanced synchronization including options for scheduling synchronization tasks and performing multiple synchronization tasks in a conversion job.
3. Optimized disk and partition alignment and cluster size change.
4. Conversion data is encrypted between the source and the server.
5. Restoring VCB images.
VMware vCenter Converter Standalone allows you to take one of a variety of machines and convert it into a new VMware Virtual Machine. The machines you may convert includes,
Vmware Virtual Machines (.VMx)
Vmware Consolidated Backup (.vmx)
Microsoft Virtual PC’s or Virtual Server virtual machines (.vmc)
Symantec LiveState Recovery Image (.sv2i)
Acronis True Image Backup (.tib)
StorageCraft ShadowStor (.spf)
Parallels Virtulization Products (.pvs)
Hyper-V virtual machines
VMware vCenter Converter 5 Installation as Standalone is easy & straight forward,
1. Download VMware vCenter Converter 5 For more help you can check VMware vCenter Converter Standalone 5.x Documentation
2. Run downloaded “VMware-converter-all-5.0.0-470252.exe” file to start setup & click OK to continue,
Accept end use Patent Agreement & continue,
Accept End User License Agreement,
Select Destination folder & click Next,
For VMware vCenter Converter 5 Standalone mode select “Local Installation” & Click next,
Click on Install to start installation,
Click Finish to complete the installation,